The Break of a Lifetime


Fall Break

Fall break was a whole lot of fun.
This trip is so worthwhile.
We’ve seen and done so many things,
my thoughts I must compile.

In order to explain this well
I must do it my way.
A set of poems I’ll write for you
to read the words I say.

We’ll start with Rome, our last day there,
then London, Dublin, France.
Each place I’ll describe what I can,
so just give me a chance.

Rome

A gorgeous city, I must say. 
The sights were beautiful.
Our last day there, when left to roam,
we had one common goal.

The Trevi Fountain we must see,
a wish we knew we’d make:
a perfect life, a wondrous love -
that’s all there was at stake.

I’ll cross it off my bucket list.
My wish? You bet I made.
The memory of going there
will surely never fade.


London

In London we spent several days.
It’s my new favorite place.
Hands down, the best place I have been -
I’m packing my suitcase.

No really, though, good times were had.
Our first night there was fun.
We watched Joker at a theatre
until the day was done.

The next day, it was kinda neat,
we met up with a friend.
We walked some more, my feet were sore,
but I prayed it’d never end.

Shakespeare’s Globe, a museum,
some shops with such good vibes.
You have to visit, I tell you.
To be there best describes.

Then on a whim, I saw a show
put on within West End.
An up-and-coming performance
one day, might be the trend.

The next day, art, walking, and fun.
That night, Come From Away.
Such a good show, again I’d go.
The music makes the play.

One last remark to say about 
the city I now love:
The coffee there does not compare,
it was sent from above.


Dublin

I’d heard a bit about this place,
I couldn’t wait to see.
The scenery? So beautiful.
A heavenly country.

The first day, we had planned to see
the famous Cliffs of Moher,
but plans changed when we realized that
we had to book a tour.

So instead we wondered ‘round,
bought us some souvenirs.
That night, I tried a Guinness drink.
My thoughts? The best of beers.

The next day, Moher awaited us.
Our tour guide, Wes, came through.
God’s hand at work, such a landscape.
I’m glad I got the view.

Back in Dublin, Wes used his bus
to drop us at a bar.
We’d planned to walk, but “hop on board!
It’s really not that far.”


Paris

Some crazy things happened right here
the moment we arrived.
A man, he grabbed a woman’s hair.
I’m glad that she survived.

After that, we made it to
our next Airbnb.
We rested up before the sights…
that’s really how it be.

The next day, Eiffel Tower, Louve,
then Catacombs the next.
Their presence and complexity?
Better than one expects.


Fall Break

That ends the trip for us right there.
I had such a good time.
I felt alive, I would go back.
No, truly, anytime.

With such good friends right by my side
and such good attitudes
there’s nothing else that could put me
in these truest of moods.

I’m excited to see what’s next,
the time is running short,
so make it count before we go.
That task I can support.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vienna Waits for You

A Home Away From Home